14:00 August 21 (Sun.) 2022 in Bucheon City Hall Fantastic Cube!
- Application periodJuly 19 (Tue) - August 16(Tue), 2022, 24:00.
- ContentsCosplayers have 60 seconds to express their attraction (pose & performance, etc.).
Go to application for participation
- Eligibility to Participate
- Costume players residing in Korea.
- Adults aged 18 or older (Minors must submit their guardian’s signed permission (Free style) & Family Relation Certificate along with the name of their team by e-mail.)
- If using a background video, the participants must submit a video film along with the name of their team by e-mail.
- Participants are allowed to use the costume of original characters.
- Only teams composed of one or two persons are eligible to apply.
- Judging criteria : costume & props, presentation, etc.
- GO TO FAQ
- Award Privileges
- Prizes worth a total of KRW 18 million, plus the right to advance to the final of championship.
- Participation in networking with preliminary contest winners from 13 countries. (Sep. 28 (Wed) - Oct. 3 (Mon), 2022)
- 15:00 October 3 (Mon), 2022
- Theater of the Korea Manhwa Museum
- 15 winning teams from the Korean and overseas preliminary contests
(14 overseas teams, 2 Korean teams)
- Grand Prize: 1 team (KRW 10 million, trophy & award certificate)
- Best Award: 1 team (KRW 2 million, trophy & award certificate)
- Excellence Award: 2 teams (KRW 1 million, trophy & award certificate)
- Encouragement Award: 12 teams (KRW 300,000, certificate of award AQ)
- Participation Information: Admission of 200 people on a first-come first-served basis among purchasers of admission tickets to the Manhwa Museum
* May vary depending on the COVID19 situation.
- Operation of a fitting room & luggage storage room (Free of charge, presentation of ID card or student ID is required.)
- Operation of an event photo zone (Free use)
Go to prior registration
- It is prohibited to disrobe or apply makeup in public spaces other than the designated facilities.
- It is prohibited to wear a costume containing a discriminatory message regarding race, nation, gender, or region.
- It is prohibited to wear a costume containing a politically or historically harmful message or supporting a specific group or figure.
- It is prohibited to wear an offensive costume containing excessive sexual content or nudity.
- It is prohibited to use props or weapons that could harm others.
- Any participant who commits acts that could discomfort to others may be ordered to leave immediately.
- 12:00 Oct.3(Mon.), 2022
- Outdoor Stage, Central Plaza
- Contents of
- Cosplayers have 60 seconds to express their attraction
(pose & performance, etc.).
- Advance registration / onsite participants
- No. of
- 20 teams
- Award Details
- Presentation of Culture Gift Cards to the top 5 teams
Go to Prior Registration
- October 2 (Sun), 2022 15:00
- Theater of the Korea Manhwa Museum
- Opening Declaration, OST Concert
- Darlim, DUKJJI, Jobarte
- How to
- Advance registration
(200 people on a first-come first-served basis)
Closure of advance registration
* Onsite admission is allowed depending on the circumstances on-site.
- September 30 (Fri) – October 3 (Mon), 2022
- Market Hall
- Varian Wrynn (World of Warcraft), Ashe (League of Legends)
Optimus Prime (Transformer), Klee (Genshin)
- Photographers must wear the ID card provided by the GICOF at all times.
- Photo requests by photographers without an ID card may be refused.
- Photos taken can be checked or shared if the cosplayers wish.
- It is prohibited to take photos at excessively long angles, to take photos that accentuate specific body areas, or to request certain poses which may cause the cosplayer to feel humiliated.
Go to Pre-registration of Photographe
- Costume Players
- Photography and video recording are allowed for the GICOF’s official record without any additional agreement. (Sketch videos, etc.)
- We ask cosplayers to cooperate with photo requests by photographers (or reporters) who are wearing the ID card provided by the GICOF.
- Photographing by visitors can be refused if there is no authority or according to the circumstances of costume players.
- Please inform the operating headquarters immediately if secret filming or unreasonable demands are suspected.
- Plain-clothes police officers will provide assistance within the venue of the Gyeonggi International Cosplay Festival.
- We ask for your cooperation to ensure a safe and enjoyable festival.
Sangdong Lake Park
(5 minutes’ walk from the venue)
Lake Botanic Park
(5 minutes’ walk from the venue, charged)
(1 minute walk from the venue)